Usefull Tools (~37 MB)
- 7-Zip - this archiver program is publicly available under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License.
- Dev-PHP - is the perfect IDE for PHP and PHP-GTK. It is released under the GNU General Public License.
- dxGettext - gettext is the GNU internationalization and localization (i18n) library. It is commonly used for writing multilingual programs.
- FileZilla - FileZilla Client (also referred to as FileZilla) is a free, open source, cross-platform FTP client.
- Notepad++ - is a source code editor for MS-Windows. It is distributed as free software.
- NSIS - Nullsoft Scriptable Install System (NSIS) is a script-driven MS-Windows installation system. free software released under a combination of free software licenses, primarily the zlib license.
- TortoiseSVN - is a Subversion client, implemented as a Microsoft Windows shell extension. It is free software released under the GNU General Public License.
- UPX - the Ultimate Packer for eXecutables, is a free and open source executable packer supporting a number of file formats from different operating systems.
- WinMerge - is a free software tool for file and folder comparison, and for merging text-like files.
Initialize the PiGii Environment
- Create a new folder (for example X:/PiGii) and from there, "checkout" folders and sources from the repository https://pigii.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pigii
- Copy the exe (lite, standard, and huge) from the previous version to X:/PiGii/System/trunk/Build/PiGii/
- Install PiGii the "huge" (yes install it) into X:/PiGii/System/trunk/Build/
- Move the contents of X:/USR/ to X:/PiGii/System/trunk/Build/extras/
Check the PiGii Environment
Update the PiGii Environment
… (components and nsis script) Of course, from time to time, think of backups with 7-Zip ;)
Build the New Installers
Process as above (Check the PiGii Environment), in a reverse order: starting with "lite" and ending with "huge".
Check Installers - again and again
From a newly created workspace (a virtual machine, for instance), install the just built version and check it by running some small scripts, including the pkTypical pack as well as Pidgin (only standard and huge) and Glade (huge only).
Afterwards install the previous stable version of PiGii to another folder then "diff" both folders, using WinMerge: each difference must be fully explained.
- With FileZilla,
- Transfer the 3 (or 4) executables to the sourceforge file release system
- Download and check these 3 (or 4) executables
- With TortoiseSVN
- Checkin the repository as needed
- Create one (or two) tag(s) like: PiGii_2_0_1_009, or pkTpk_0_2_0_14
- With Sourceforge tracker
- Close Bugs and Feature Requests, marking Resolution as fixed and Status as pending.